If you use this product, or visit the Website, your information will be transferred to and processed in the United States.
When you visit or use our Services and Content, we will collect personal information from or about you that you choose to disclose, including your name, physical address, email address, and phone number. If you choose to correspond with us through e-mail, we may retain the content of your e-mail messages together with your name, e-mail address and our responses.
Usage and Other Information
Additional Sources of Information
We may use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your information or our Services and Content;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our Services and Content, including your responses to our emails and the pages you view;
- Providing you tailored content and marketing messages;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new Services and Content; improving existing Services and Content; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and/or other internal functions); and
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual user) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
We may share the information we collect from and about you with our affiliates and other third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Affiliated businesses, in an effort to bring you improved service across our offering of Services and Content, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
- Other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs; and
We may share anonymous or aggregated information with third parties to help deliver our Services and Content, as well as additional content that is better tailored to the users of our Services and Content, and for other purposes.
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with industry standards to protect and limit access to personal information. This includes device safeguards, secured files and secured buildings, which may be provided by third parties on our behalf.
Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not utilize unsecure methods to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
Your Consumer Rights Under U.S. State-Specific Privacy Laws
Consumers covered by U.S. state-specific privacy laws have the right to request information regarding their personal information and certain additional details regarding our information practices. Consumers covered by U.S. state-specific privacy laws have the right to request deletion, correction, or limitation of use of their personal information (subject to certain exceptions). Covered consumers also have the right to opt out of sales of personal information, if applicable. We describe how covered consumers can exercise their rights under the relevant state privacy laws below. Please note that you may designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf by providing a notarized power of attorney evidencing that you have empowered the authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the applicable state laws.
- Sharing of information: Covered U.S. consumers are entitled to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information we share with third parties for direct marketing purposes or to opt out of such sharing. If you are a covered U.S. consumer and would like a copy of this information, or to opt out, please email us at email@example.com.
- Right to Know: You may request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we have collected, the sources of collection, the purpose for collecting information, the categories of information we share, and the categories of third parties with whom we share information. You may make a request for such information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you after receiving your request to verify your identity.
- Deletion: You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you (subject to certain exceptions). Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. You may make this request by emailing email@example.com. We will contact you after receiving your request to verify your identity. If you request to delete your personal information, some of our products and services may no longer be available to you.
- Correction: Pursuant to certain U.S. state laws, covered consumers may request that we correct inaccurate personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you after receiving your request to verify your identity.
- Limitation: Pursuant to certain U.S. state laws, covered consumers may request that we limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information by emailing email@example.com. We will contact you after receiving your request to verify your identity.
- “Do Not Sell”: Pursuant to certain U.S. state laws, covered consumers have the right to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information (as defined in the relevant laws). We do not sell the information you choose to provide.
Further Rights for Persons or Information Covered By GDPR
If you are a covered individual under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) you have legal rights in relation to the “Personal Information” as defined by the GDPR that we hold about you. These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your Personal Information and access to the Personal Information that we hold about you. Please note that there may be circumstances where we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of Personal Information;
- Requesting that we correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Requesting that we erase your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Information, but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your Personal Information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
We may request that you prove your identity by providing us with a copy of a valid means of identification to comply with our security obligations and to prevent unauthorized disclosure of data. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee for any manifestly unfounded or excessive requests concerning your access to your data and for any additional copies of the Personal Information you request from us.
Individuals covered by the GDPR should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Transferring Your Personal Information Outside the EEA (if GDPR applies)
The data that we collect from you is transferred to, and will be stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that is not subject to equivalent Data Protection Law. For our purposes, the information we collect is processed and stored in the US.
We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA:
- In order to store it.
- In order to enable us to provide the Service.
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests, and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
You may contact us at any time at email@example.com if you would like further information.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule
Copyright © Corporate Leadership Center, NFP, All Rights Reserved.